Last Friday, Stefano Ellero, Business Area Manager of STAM presented COGNIPLANT project during the Data Driven Intelligent Digital Twins session organized during the European Big Data Value Forum 2021, which took place on-line from the 29th of November till the 3rd of December. The session introduced Data Driven Intelligent Digital Twins – Digital Twins with Cognition in various domains – based on recent emerging reference models, platform technologies and relevant use cases from various application domains.
The focus was on architectures, technologies and applications and experiences from Data Driven Intelligent Digital Twins and Cognitive Digital Twins from various projects, in particular the following: COGNITWIN, ILIAD, BIMProve, COGNIPLANT, FACTLOG and SIRIUS followed by a discussion on digital twin commonalities and differences for various domains. At the end, it was discussed to what extent the Digital Twin representation of AAS – Asset Administration Shell – can be used as a suitable Digital Twin representation for the projects – also for other domains beyond Manufacturing – and what is needed for this and also needed in order to extend Digital Twins with support for Intelligence and Cognition.
- Introduction to Digital Twin reference models and standards (Arne J. Berre, SINTEF)
- Cognition for Digital Twins (COGNITWIN – Nenad Stojanovic, Nissatech)
- Digital Twin of the Ocean (ILIAD – Georgios Sylaios, Democritus University of Thrace)
- Digital Twins in Building & Construction (BIMProve, Gabor Sziebig, SINTEF Manufacturing)
- Cognitive Twins in Process Industries (FACTLOG, Kostas Kalaboukas, Maggioli)
- Cognitive Plants (COGNIPLANT, Stefano Ellero, Stamtech)
- IFM -Information Management for Digital Twin Assets, (SIRIUS, David Cameron, University of Oslo)
- Discussion on AAS relevance – with presenters – and previous Digital Twin session representatives